A fantastic tutorial for painting waterscapes.
Tips for how to paint boats in watercolor. If you enjoy water scenery with boats and such you will definitely enjoy the tutorial.
This was a Live event I did via YouTube a few months back. I thought you would enjoy the in-depth information for how to approach specific types of scenery.
You could apply these ideas to any subject such as street scenes, rural landscapes and such.
Here’s a breakdown of the lesson;
- If you want to paint a subject it’s best to learn how to draw them.
- Themes usually have specific details that are synonymous and pop up all the time.
- If you learn how to draw those common details you will unlock a world of freedom for your watercolors.
- If you neglect those details then your art will become stagnant, or worse, look amateurish.
- Pencil and paper can teach you ALOT about painting.
- Once you understand the characteristics of subjects you can start to explore many possibilities.
Materials & Supplies
If you are interested in purchasing the supplies I recommend and use in this video use the link below.